XXXV INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION
FOR BIODYNAMIC AGRICULTURE
“INNOVATIVE PROPOSALS AND RESEARCH
FOR THE FUTURE OF AGRICULTURE”
Milan, November 16th and 17th, 2018
Terra e Vita Gruppo Edagricole
Agriculture is the area of care of the environment, health and nutrition. The abandon of entire territories, environmental pollution, human health, access to food, climate change, would indicate investing in research for ecological, organic and biodynamic agriculture. The future of development, also on an economic level, will depend on this important task. An alliance between the rural world, universities, research institutions and civil society is needed, in order to contribute to the construction of a new model, in an agro-ecological perspective. Thus farmers, experts, scientists, figures in the fields of business, culture and law, research institutions from different countries will converge, to formulate concrete and innovative proposals. The growing demand for organic food, the need to find new ways to protect the health of the environment and people, require to provide answers also through training paths. The conference days will be an opportunity to start a project of international cooperation, but also to learn and share knowledge and skills. Specialized working groups dedicated to research and new applications in biodynamic agriculture, will be held.
Agricultural research, aimed at enhancing the territory, led by an ethical and social technique, will be the theme of the conference through scientific contributions, specialized sessions, innovative practical demonstrations, keynote speeches of a network of organizations and institutions united for the common good .
The main agronomic questions addressed during the conference will be:
- The development of new management models with a global systemic approach for farms, in virtuous relations with the environmental and social context, with food sovereignty, with biodiversity, all of wich are today in serious danger.
- The new effective seeds for climate change and the food needs of the earth’s future.
- Methods and equipment for soil management and restoration and for the ecological control of weeds, alternative to synthetic herbicides.
- Technical means for the prevention and ecological rehabilitation of plant and animal diseases, in order to cut down the use of pesticides.
- The location and management on a large scale of organic fertilizers for soil humification
- Contrasting erosion, desertification, soil pollution and waste of water and energy in agriculture and during post-agricultural production.
- The healthy running of livestock, their right proportion with the land, the relation with rotations and environmental balances, the animal welfare and the nutritional needs of the planet.
- The economic analysis, the promotion of agricultural products in the general economy and in the markets, the supply chain, the relations with the product processing, the distribution, the legal aspects and the right price.
- The planning of agricultural work and investments, the sustainable management appropriate for ecological farms.
The conference aims to create common commitments on agricultural research and management and also to raise awareness among policy makers and the economy on the importance of supporting this process.
Friday Nov. 16th
In plenary session. Conference opening
ALLIANCE FOR INNOVATION IN AGRICULTURE
Greetings and introductory speeches
Opening of the poster sessione
Sessions with technical speeches in plenary
- New applications in the field and in management
- New scientific research
Saturday Nov. 17th
In plenary session. Innovation in conversion, control and training in organic agriculture.
Event curated by Giovanni Gastel
14.30 – 19.30
Research in biodynamic agriculture. Specialized job sessions.
Closing of the conference.
Specialized job sessions (max 50 participants):
- Agroecological and fertility management (equipment, green manure, composting)
- Landscape, resources, energy
- Nutritional value of agricultural products
- Preparations and technical means
- Seeds and biodiversity
- Markets, certifications and supply chains